I cannot wait to start writing about skincare for you guys!
As I have gotten older I cannot tell you how important a good skincare routine has become for me.
My mom instilled in me at a young age how important taking care of your skin is.
Skincare for me is all about PREVENTION:
Preventing breakouts, enlarged pores, and wrinkles. I am not going to wait until I get wrinkles to then start treating them, I am going to try and prevent those nasty little boogers until the day I die.
So my bestie, the Clarisonic.
Ya she’s pretty fricken awesome.
She was an expensive little one but I am so in love with her.
The Clarisonic is a tool that uses sonic frequency to deep clean your skin to remove dirt/impurities.
The Sephora website states,
“Clarisonic has the power to remove 30 times more age-accelerating pollutants than manual cleansing. It should be used as part of a daily skincare routine to provide skin that feels and looks smoother. Ideal for all skin types, it is used and recommended by leading dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons.”
A little background about my skin type:
-I have oily/combo skin.
-I have never really had a serious problem with my skin.
-I get the occasional breakouts and deal with enlarged pores around my T-zone but other than that I have minimal skin issues.
A HUGE reason that I keep my skin issues at bay is because of this tool + some holy grail skincare products.
I use the Clarisonic every time in the shower (its waterproof) and it has made the biggest difference in how my skin looks and feels
& also how my makeup applies (a biggie).
Side note: right away when you start using this you will see some surface breakouts and that is totally normal! This tool is cleaning so far into your skin that it is pulling all the dirt to the surface hence some tiny breakouts (so gross!).
The nitty gritty about the Clarisonic:
1) Use the Clarisonic system for improved skin tone, reduced breakouts, eliminating fine lines/wrinkles, and the appearance of pores.
2) You choose what type of system/brush heads you need based on your skin type.
3) You do not need to use special products when using the Clarisonic (use whatever your fav face wash is).
4) The version/system I use is the Clarisonic Mia 2. It has a built in timer where it pulses letting you know when to move to a different area of your face; 20 seconds on your forehead, 20 seconds on your nose/chin, 10 seconds on your R cheek, & 10 seconds on your L; it will shut off automatically after 1 minute.
5) By using this system your facial products (moisturizers/serums etc.) are able to absorb into your skin easier.
6) Replace your brush heads every 3/4 months or whenever you feel like the bristles are getting frayed/super dirty.
7) Your skin will basically feel like a baby’s butt afterwards. Good stuff.
Tippity Tip: I buy my replaceable brush heads off of Amazon because they are cheaper!
Disclaimer: Over using this COULD irritate your skin. If you have sensitive skin/concerning skin issues consult with a dermatologist before using the Clarisonic.
So put this on your xmas list my loves! It is such an amazing tool and you will not be disappointed!